How Sandplay Works
Sandplay therapy evolved from C.G. Jung’s insight: play and imagination are essential components for healing and change.
Building a Sandplay World is simply a
non-verbal way of telling a story, and may be used in addition to talk/insight therapy.
Sandplay work provides a safe way to let the wisdom of your unconscious speak to you.
Because sandplay gets to the truth quickly, it is efficient, powerful and cost-effective – but it’s not for everyone. Some people take to it, some people don’t.
If you choose to experiment with Sandplay work:
- First, you select and arrange miniatures in a tray of sand.
- And then... maybe... you rearrange them.
- A scene and a story take shape.
- Partially-formed ideas become tangible.
- Insights crystallize.
- Baby tendrils point toward new directions.
- Our collaborative interpretations provide practical guidance.
- You take pictures, which are yours forever.
Sandplay provides courage for action.
Sandplay nourishes you for the long haul.